Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Alchemist (blog post 3)

The Alchemist

 Author: Paulo Coelho

Genre: Adventure


The protagonist of the novel is a shepherd. He is described very adventurous hence the genre. I think I appreciate this because if he wasn't adventurous then we would have a very boring story. Pretty much this whole story revolves around this character and his adventurous characteristics that take you to new places in the book thus sparking new stories, and quests. 

I don't know who this character reminds me of... I would say Indiana Jones because it IS adventure but they have totally different morals and things that they do.

4 comments:

  1. A little short in length but a good summary, I liked how you compared the protagonist to someone who we all know and can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this your classic book you are reading? It sounds pretty interesting, who are you reading it with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way you describe it of adventurous it sounds interesting. You have made a good summary of the book, am I like how you have compared the protagonist to someone else. Who are you reading this novel with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your description of the main protagonist, but I think it is a little short and should have made your summary longer and with more detail. But the protagonist sounds very interesting

    ReplyDelete