Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Christmas Carol

Title: Christmas Carol
Author: Charles Dickens
Genre: Classic
Total number of page: 219
Pages Read: 20

" 'Spirit' said Scrooge, show me no more! Conduct me home. Why do you delight to torture me?' "(Page 96) this is what Scrooge said after the first spirit showed him how was his life before and he became so sad and sensitive about it that he didn't want no more.

Now that I am continuing this book, it gets more complicated and not easy to read but I still like it. In these few pages that I read the spirit is almost done showing him his past Christmas which were full of joy and filled with laughter so now he is sad comparing the last few year's Christmas with the old ones.


Blog #3: What do you love/ appreciate most about the protagonist of this novel? Give 1 example of whom she/he reminds each of you of and why.

The main character which is Scrooge, both reminds us of the Mickey Mouse character also called Scrooge and is also selfish. We appreciate most about Scrooge that he really understands what he has done to his life and by not enjoining it and he is really sensitive about it.


4 comments:

  1. I watched the Christmas Carol movie and cartoon and really found it nice. I like it's moral and understand why it's such a famous christmas movie, it shows the real mentality of what christmas is all about. I find it very funny that he makes you fun of Mickey Mouse as for me Mickey Mouse is so Joyfull and Scrooge is so grumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you still like the book even though it's a bit hard. Your post is good keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the movie too...though there are so many versions I don't remember which one I watched. The thing I remember though is when I finished the simplified version of that book, I would say "humbug" a lot, and my parents got really annoyed! x-D When I watched the movie, I will admit, I had to cover my eyes couple of times, I really was scared of the ghosts...maybe if I re watch, I will show you that I don't need to do that any more...or I hope so. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the movie to this book but I had no idea there was a book :P I hope the book is just as good!

    ReplyDelete