Thursday, February 21, 2013

Christmas Carol

Title: Christmas Carol
Author: Charles Dickens
Genre: Classic
Total amount of pages: 219
Pages read: 54

“I wear the chain I forged in life....I made it link by link, and yard by yard; I girded it on of my own free will, and of my own free will I wore it.” This is what the ghost of Marley says to Scrooge and explains why the chain that he has around his foot is so long and why it is there.


I am almost done with my book and it is really exciting reading it. Up to this point the Christmas Past ghost has visited and the Christmas present just left. These two visits to his life, were really influencing experiences from the two ghosts. He started to see himself as someone else sees which is a really good thing since not many people like him because of how he acts. In the next pages the Christmas Future ghost is going to come and show him how his future is going to be like. 


Blog  # 4: What are some of the themes being woven throughout the plot line of the novel? How does the author do this? Is it enjoyable to each of you? The themes that are woven throughout the plot line is poverty and greediness because at that time in England there was poverty and our main character is very greedy although he is rich. It's very enjoyable to me but my mom doesn't like because she thinks it is very sad. 

5 comments:

  1. This seems like a great book! After seeing the movie of it, I would imagine that there would be a variety of themes in this book. Good post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should read this book after you. I have seen many plays on it. I haven't seen the movie yet. This book seems like it is very interesting and different. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this book because I heard a lot about it as it is a very famous christmas story. I watched the 3d cartoon and the movie and really enjoyed it. I think this book has a very good moral and should really be known by every human. I really respect you for having chosen this book and think you did a good job with your blogpost as it is well written but I do think that you could write a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great coice of book, my dad used to read it to me for Christmas. I think you willenjoy it, even if it can be little confusing at parts. The story also has a good moral that you will remember for a long time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never read this book before, but I have seen two movie versions. I have seen the Micky MOuse one and the Barbie one in first grade, haha! But this story must be very interesting to read, and it also has a good moral!

    ReplyDelete