Monday, February 4, 2013

Pride and Prejudice Blog #3

Book Title: Pride and Prejudice 
Author: Jane Austen 
Genre: Romance Fiction
Number of pages: 360 

“When I am in the country,” he replied, “I never wish to leave it; and when I am in town, it is pretty much the same. They have each their advantages, and I can be equally happy in either.” 
-Charles Bingley


At the moment in the novel when Jane Bennett went to visit Mr. Bingley she got sick because she was on horseback and it was raining so she caught a cold, therefore she had to stay at Mr.Bingleys house as a guest until she became better. When Elizabeth Bennett heard of the news she immediatly left to go visit her, and she went by foot. When she arrived there she immediatly went to go see her sister, but once she went Miss. Bingley, Mr.Bingleys sister, made a comment to Mr. Darcy how un lady like and bad manners it is to walk to a place and she also commented how dirty her cloths were and how rude and unpresentable she was. These were Caroline Bingleys exact words "To walk three miles, or four miles, or five miles, or whatever it is, above her ankles in dirt, and alone, quite alone! Whats could she mean by it? It seems to me to shew an abominable sort of conceited independance, a most country-town indifferecne to decorum." 

The main character, Miss. Elizabeth Bennett remindes me of my good friend Hannah, even though they are a little a different. For example both Elizabeth and Hannah are nice and caring and love to have a good time. But they are a little bit different because Elizabeth Bennet has more of a sharp tounge than Hannah. Hannah sees the good in everyone while Elizabeth doesnt. But their kind and good nature are both similar.

1 comment:

  1. I liked your relation between Miss Bennatte and Hannah. I did not think of this connection until I read this. Elizabeth seems like a very caring sister whereas Miss Bingley seems very rude and cruel.

    ReplyDelete