Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars #6

The Fault in Our Stars
John Green
Young Adult Novel
476/476 pages read

In this part of the book everyone is still upset and shocked by Augustus’s death.  Hazel starts worrying that one day she will die of cancer just like Gus and leave her parents, and people she loves feeling very sad like she feels now. Her parents try to comfort her and her mom even decided to become a social worker to help people with illness in their families. Also Hazel wants to find Augustus’s last letter, which was written on a few pages that were ripped out from his notebook. When she was on the phone with her friend Kaitlyn she finally realize that he probably mailed the pages to Van Houten and quickly sent an email to his former assistant. Soon the assistant finds the pages and mails them to Hazel. The book ends with the end of Augustus’s letter but I know that Hazel will be happy again after she finishes reading the letter.

I really enjoyed reading this book and I think that it taught me many valuable lessons about life. Even though the ending of the book isn’t completely happy like it is in most books I think it is realistic because not everything ends entirely happy in real life.  My recent reading did fulfill my expectations because I really enjoyed the word choice, interesting characters and the theme of this book. I am very satisfied with what I have read because I learned about the feelings of people who have to live with serious illnesses, knowing that your days are limited and I learned that I should really treasure my life the way it is because there are many people whose lives are much harder than mine.

Quote: “Then again, I’d already lived twice as long as Van Houten’s daughter. What he wouldn’t have given to have a kid die at sixteen.” (Page 457)


This quote shows that Hazel is always very thoughtful about others and their feelings and accepts the fact that she is ill and won’t be able to live much longer. This means that Hazel is very strong person because she accepts reality and still cares for other from her situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment