Monday, October 28, 2013

Serve to Win

Title: Serve to Win
Author:  Novak Djokovic
Number of pages read: 46/189

This book means a lot to me because Novak Djokovic is my idol and I love him. I loved reading these few pages of the book even though I already know everything about him. It basically talks about the start of his career and how he became a champion he is now. From the start he knew that he will be number one and that he will win tournaments. At the beginning of his career and when he first started playing majors, US Open 2006 he was very week. He was barely able to hit the ball and had to take time outs more than 5 times. This just proved how much he actually improved since that match till now. In 2008 he won his first grand slam and became a better player but still there was something missing. He had to change the way he ate. He did so and by the end of 2010 till now he was the best. 2011 was the best year for him, winning almost everything there was to win. If he didn't change his eating habits and if he didn't start training more often none of this would have happened. He thanked his team, family and friends for this success. Without them and his hard work he would still be that weak Novak who would faint while playing.

I really loved reading this part of his life and how he became who he is now because I could learn something from it too. If you really like something and if it means to you than anything is possible. Novak set a goal for himself; to win Wimbledon and be number 1. He did just that and that is why I love him o much.

"It's not that bad. But none of this would have happened if I haven't found this way of eating." (46)
This part explained everything in one sentence. His new eating habit brought him to number 1. I still cannot believe that someone would sacrifice their own eating in order to become the best in their sport. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post so much!! i think that you made a great choice with choosing the book (and especially the author)! Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete