Sunday, October 27, 2013

Hide and Seek (Last post)



Hide and Seek
Sara Shepard
Thriller
288/288


I finished my book. In the last chapters of my book many things were reviled. At the beginning of the section Emma (Sutton twin sister) went up to meet with Raven (Raven is the woman she thinks Mr. Mercer is in a relationship with). When Emma arrived at the motel where Raven was staying at she asked the receptionist in which room Raven was staying at. Emma went up to the room. She knocked on the door no one answered she waited for a while. The she opened the door. There was no one in the room it was empty but the television was on. Emma checked the bathroom and no one was there. There was a paper on the TV. The paper was a flyer of a small restaurant near by and it said “Meet me”. Emma left to meet Raven at the small restaurant she got into her car and started driving. She arrived and the small diner and saw a car that looked familiar. It is Mr. Mercers (Sutton’s adoptive dad). Emma knew that he cant see her there but more importantly what she didn’t know was why he was there. Emma went out of her car and as she did Mr. Mercer saw her and started to chaise after her. Emma ran as fast as she could in fear. At that point in the book Mr. Mercer was the person who looked the guiltiest of murdering Sutton. I was exited to see what was going to happen to Emma. She raced to her car and got away from Mr. Mercer. He left and then she went to the diner to see if Raven is still there. She wasn’t, she asked the waiter who worked there if he knew her and if she left something for her. She did she left a letter for Emma. She was exited but also fearful of what could be said in the letter. In the letter there was a picture that to Emma looked familiar but in the letter it said that she couldn’t tell her anything else. After that Emma went home and when she came home Mr. Mercer decided to reveal some key things to Emma. He told her that Raven’s actual name was Becky. When he said that Emma knew something weird was going on. Becky is Emma and Sutton’s birth mom. Then Mr. Mercer told her that Becky was actually his daughter that means that both Emma and Sutton were his grandchildren. That is where this book ended. I have learned many things in these couple of chapters starting with whom that characters actually are. I also discovered that Mr. Mercer is now off the suspect list of people who could have murdered Sutton because he told the truth. This affects my opinion about the characters a lot. Up till now I was really curious with who Mr. Mercer was with the night of the murder. This affects the relationship between Mr. Mercer and Emma because now she knows a part of the truth about what happened the night of the murder.

I am blown away by everything I have read this week. In the past few chapters I have found out more then what I found out through the whole book.  My recent has totally fulfilled my expectations. Because my book has other part to it I am looking forward to reading the following books. I am sure that by the end of the next book the author will reveal who killed Sutton. I am very satisfied with my book all together because there were no boring parts in the book I look forward to reading more of the books from the same author. I have many concerns because my book didn’t end the way I wanted to. I thought that more answers would be reveled by the end of the book. The ending kind off left you with many questions, concerns, and wishes for further reading. I only have one comment, which is that on the beginning of the book I said in one of my blogs that I think by the end of the book the murderer will not be revealed. So I just want to say that I am correct.


“Raven Jannings (Becky Mercer) Raven was… Becky? And Becky was the Mercers’ daughter? And Grandma Mercer was her and Sutton’s great-grandmother?”  (Page 273)

This passage was said almost at the very end of the book. This was when Emma was finally putting the pieces together about who Raven better said Becky really was. This passage surprises the reader a lot because then you have an “ohhhh” moment in you head. Many things make sense to you things that were left unsolved from the beginning of the book. When I read this passage I figured out many things that I couldn’t have figured out without this piece of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment