Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Hide and Seek



Hide and Seek
Sara Shepard
Thriller
254/288

Unlike the past reading I have done this part of the book was really exiting. At the beginning of the chapter Emma had a sleepover with her (Sutton’s friend) Madeline. When they were there Emma got to see how strict Madeline’s father is to her. Even though Madeline comes from a rich family, her dad is really strict and likes to point out every one of her flaws. As the reader you are not really sure if her father hits her but the author does give out some hints along the way. After she left Madeline’s house Emma went to sneak in to Mr. Mercer’s office. When she came into the hospital she went to the elevator and clicked the number 3 and went up to his office. When she got there she started searching through the office. She opened the first drawer and saw nothing but pens and paper. Then she opened the second drawer and saw the there were a bunch of paper; on the papers were all of the things Mr. Mercer spent money on during the last couple of months. There Emma found out that each Monday Mr. Mercer would give a good amount of money to a person named Raven Jannings. Emma thinks that that is the parson Mr. Mercer is having and affair with, she found out that she is staying at the super 8 motel. Emma got some information, and went home she searched up the number of the Motel and asked if she could speak to Raven Jannings and the receptionist passed on the call to the person in room number 105. But Raven didn’t pick up so Emma left a message that she wants to meet with her tomorrow at 9 without introducing her self.  I have discovered a new character in the book called Raven, she might know everything, she could revile to us who killed Sutton Mercer. This development in the book changed many things. It affects the whole story because you never know what Raven will know about Mr. Mercer and his family maybe she will know who killed Sutton because she was apparently with him that night. In my opinion Mr. Mercer is giving her all this money to keep her quite and not say a word to anyone about that night.

I am blown away by what I am reading. I am sitting here with my eyes glued to the book and I can’t stop reading. These few chapters have exceeded my expectations. I have found out many things about the characters, and I even got introduces to one more character. I expect in my further reading to find out who killed Sutton Mercer as well as how Emma is going to get to that information. I am also exited to find out more about the relationship between Mr. Mercer (biggest suspect in the murder case right now) and the new character Raven. I am very satisfied with my reading so far and I am exited to see what will happen in the following last few chapters in my book. I currently have more questions then I have ever had because the pieces of the puzzle are slowly coming together. One of my biggest questions is who killed Sutton Mercer? Why? And How? Now more then ever I want to find out about who killed her because as the ending of the book approaches I am worried that I won’t find out who killed her.

“She scanned his messy handwriting, which had documented checks for a gas bill, the mortgage, several hundred dollars to a Tucson catering company. The there was a check for two hundred dollars paid to someone named Raven Jannings ” (page 229)

This passage was when Emma snuck into Mr. Mercer’s office and found a checkbook. This part was one of the most important parts from what I read this week because it reveals a totally new character. This passage frustrates me because I think it is a bit late to bring in a character this late into the book. But on the other side it also delights me because I don’t know what this character knows about the Mercer family and what will we find out because the new character was introduced.




No comments:

Post a Comment