Sunday, October 6, 2013

A WALK TO REMEMBER #3 -ANDREA KOSTIC


  • Title: A Walk To Remember 
  • Author: Nicholas Sparks
  • Genre: Romance 
  • Number of pages read this week / total number of pages in the book: 127/240


Briefly summarize what you have read over the past week. 

At the beginning of Chapter 7, Landon discovered that Jamie's only goal in life is to get married with a church full of people in attendance. Landon found this goal odd because she was an a excellent student; he was especially surprised that she didn't want to attend college. Later, Landon visited orphanage with Jamie, and they started spending more time together. However, all their togetherness is frustrating for him, and he bursted out angrily at Jamie the night before the play performance, and told her that he didn't enjoy any time that they spent together. Jamie was visibly hurt, and she didn't do anything on purpose. Of course, Landon apologies to her the next evening, and holds her hand during the apology, which tells us a lot things about their relationship.  
At this point of reading, they start being even close together than they were before. I think that Landon finds that frustrating only because of the pressure that his friends are giving to him. He is aware that no one likes Jamie for the person who she is, so he is a little bit ashamed f being seen with her in public. What is most important is that everyday, they are learning new things about each other, and what they can't notice is that they are getting very close and caring.
In this section of reading, I have learned more about my main characters, Jamie and Landon. I have noticed how Landon is actually a caring person, and that he is ready to do anything for the person who means to him. Jamie is so far described as a most positive person, who always smiles and who never rejects anyone. They work great together, and they are starting being very honest and open-minded with each other. As I have already mentioned, Landon is being influenced by others' opinions which ruins their relationship


Reflect: On what you have read over the past week

I am very happy with what I have read. I have learnt more about characters, and I am very glad that author describes everything very briefly and nicely. I've learnt about Landon's and Jamie's private life, and especially their family. 
One thing that especially surprised me is when Jamie told Landon that she carries her bible because her mum got it for her wedding, and unfortunately, her mum is not with her anymore.  Jamie showed how strong she is, even though big part of her is missing. 
My recent reading has fulfilled my expectations. I am really happy with how author describes every single detail and feeling between Jamie and Landon, and how he tries to make us to imagine a picture of what we are reading in our head. So far, this book is very realistic and it has as much positive sides as negative. It shows how characters behave when they are hurt, or when they are very pleased and happy. 
For my continued reading, I expect some clue that will lead us to actual relationship between Jamie and Landon. Also, I expect that Jamie's father, the minister, will represent an obstacle between them two, because it has been mentioned earlier in the book that he doesn't like Landon at all. And, there might be some small fights between Jamie and Landon, but as always, they will get over them. 
I am very satisfied with what I have read, because again, author uses easy word choice, so the book is very easy to understand. It makes me want to read more, and I can't wait to finish it!

Passage Section

''She was quiet for a long time, and I looked at her. Seeing Jamie feeling bad was almost worse than feeling bad because of her. Unlike Jamie, I deserved to feel bad about myself-I knew what kind of person I was. But with her...'' (page 103) 

In this passage section, it represents the start when Landon starts being very caring and careful with Jamie in order not to hurt her feelings. He realizes that he knows her well, and he recognizes when she is upset, mad or sad. 

:) :) :) 

1 comment: