Sunday, October 20, 2013

Blog Post 4


The Return of the King

J.R.R. Tolkien

Science Fiction

100 pages

This week I finished my book so I need it to divide my summaries into three parts but today I am going to tell you about the journey that Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli went to the mountain of death to get the army. This was a good part of the book because it wasn’t just reading I couldn’t wait to get to the part where they find the ghosts. When they came to the entrance to the cave where they were hiding they didn’t wait for any minute they went in right away. What I have learned about this part that I was reading was that you should never give up you should be a risk-taker. That is what Aragorn did in this book he risked his life to go to get the ghost army deep in the mountains.

For me the time of stealth has passed. I will ride east by the swiftest way, and I will take the Paths of the Dead.' 'The Paths of the Dead!' said Théoden, and trembled. 'Why do you speak of them?' Éomer turned and gazed at Aragorn, and it seemed to Merry that the faces of the Riders that sat within hearing turned pale at the words. 'If there be in truth such paths,' said Théoden, 'their gate is in Dunharrow; but no living man may pass it.'
This immediately caught my attention because that is when Aragorn says that he is going to go to the Paths of the Dead and King Théoden was surprised. Aragorn said that they have no choice because they do not have enough men.

No comments:

Post a Comment