Sunday, October 20, 2013

A WALK TO REMEMBER #5 -ANDREA KOSTIC


  • Title: A Walk To Remember 
  • Author: Nicholas Sparks
  • Genre: Romance 
  • Number of pages read this week / total number of pages in the book: 240/240 



    • Briefly summarize what you have read over the past week
    I've finished my book, and this the first one that I wasn't happy to finish. Jamie, the girl that Landon is in love with, is dying of a rare form of leukemia and she told him that she has only a few months to live. Landon starts praying for the miracle to happen, and he works through his fear and sadness. Landon is starting to realize that there is some role from him in Jamie's illness, something for him to do. Landon soon discovers that purpose and asks Jamie to marry him, even in her weakened state. She accepts it, and just as in her vision of her wedding day, hundreds of guests turn out for the wedding. Since Jamie was sick, her slow, painful walk down the aisle is, indeed, ''a walk to remember''. In the last chapter of this novel, 57-year old Landon remembers his 40 years that have passed since wedding to Jamie. He hasn't removed his wedding ring off his finger, and even after that amount of time, he still loves her. At the end, he reveals that he truly believe in miracles, and readers are left with a question: Did Jamie die, or did a miracle save her? 
    In this section of reading, I discovered how emotional and fair Landon is, and it is easy to notice that he is ready to do anything for Jamie. I also discovered that Landon really cares about his parents' opinion about everything that he does, especially about his father's. 
    I think that Landon's praying for Jamie has revealed that Landon was meant to be with Jamie, and that he understood praying very seriously. Jamie showed how strong she is, because even though she was aware that she had a couple of months left of her life, she always had a smile on her face. She felt special because Landon made her feel like that, and he never wasted an opportunity to tell her that he loved her. 

    • Reflect on what you have read over the past week
    I think that the ending of the book was meant to tell us how love is infinite, and if you love someone, it doesn't matter in what condition that person is. I think that Landon was afraid at the beginning to tell Jamie that he loves her, but later, he had realized that his love towards Jamie is endless. I also noticed that he was ready to do anything for her, just to make her happy. 
    My recent reading has fulfilled my expectations. I was a bit confused on the ending, because the author didn't revealed if Jamie survived or not, but still, many unexpected things happened in only two chapters. I was very surprised that Landon asked her to marry him, because they were only 17 years old, and he knew that Jamie didn't have much time left. I also noticed that Landon's father, even though he wasn't always with him, was there at the wedding, and he gave full support to his son, Landon. 
    Unfortunately, as I have already mentioned, I finished my book and I am not really happy about it. I am very satisfied about what I have read. Author, as always, used easy word-choice and this whole book was easy to understand. Author tried to explain everything to the readers, so there won'y be any confusion, and he was pretty successful in that. I can say that this is one of the most inspirational book I have ever read, and the message is ability loving someone not paying attention to their imperfections. 

    • Passage Section
    ''I felt my heart surge with pride. It was, I remembered thinking, the most difficult walk anyone ever had to make. In every way, a walk to remember.'' (page 237)

    This quote includes the book's title (a walk to remember). It shows how Landon felt on the wedding day, and it showed how much it meant to him, because after 40 years after, he still remembers it. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment