Sunday, October 27, 2013

Bud Not Buddy Blog Post 6 Leonardo

TITLE: Bud, Not Buddy
AUTHOR: Christopher Paul Curtis
GENRE: Historical Fiction
PAGES: 236/236

In the last chapters of my book, Bud has found out that Mr. Calloway, his supposed-to-be father, is actually his grandfather. He found out that he is his mother's father. The room he has been sleeping in was his mother's. Mr. C has a collection of rocks in his car, with the date and where he found them, just like Bud's. These events have affected Mr. C because when he heard Bud say his daughter's name, he knew it was her. In shock, he started crying. This shows that he was probably affected negatively by the news. These events have also shown me how much Mr. C cared about his daughter and how much he will miss her.
I think that what I read was unpredictable. I thought that Mr. C was Bud's father, but instead he was his grandfather. Therefore, my recent reading has not fulfilled my expectations at all. I am very satisfied with my reading. I think that its being unpredictable was very cool, and it shook the reader's mind completely.
"Herman E. Calloway's pipe dropped out of his mouth and he stumbled and fumbled into Grand Calloway Station, feeling his way like he'd been struck blind" (Curtis 212). This passage shows me how Mr. C loved his daughter. His reaction shows how shocked he felt and how much disbelief was going through his mind at that very moment. This passage intrigues me as a reader because now I want to see how Bud will react to the news about Mr. C not being his father, but his grandfather.

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you wrote your blog post. Even though i am reading your post for first time, I am so interested in your book and i will probably read it some day. xD It was kind of confusing for me when I read the summary section but then I read it once more and it sounds interesting. Nice work!! :))

    ReplyDelete