Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hide and Seek


Hide and Seek

Sara Shepard
Thriller
217/288


The past few chapters in my book weren’t as exiting as most of the others I have read. In this chapter Emma (Sutton’s twin) talked to Ethan (Emma’s boyfriend) and they made a plan. The plan was for Emma to sneak into
Mr. Mercer’s (murder suspect) office. They decided on the perfect day to do it, that day was a Thursday they knew that on that day Mr. Mercer would be on a important meeting. They found that out after they hacked into his Google calendar. Emma was really nervous all week because she knew what she was doing was wrong but she knew that if she did it that she would be one step closer to getting the answer on who murdered her twin Sutton.  Until now it didn’t hit Emma that if she doesn’t find concrete evidence on who killed her twin and turn it into the police soon she will need to go to the college Sutton wanted to go to, not the one Emma wants. Even if she did go to the college she wanted to she would be taking money from people who aren’t her family but Suttons. At the end of the chapter I also found out who pulled the prank that Emma and Sutton’s friends were being blamed for. I have discovered how important it is to Emma to discover who killed her twin. If she doesn’t find out who did she will need to pretend to be Sutton even at college. This situation changed the mood of the book in a way because before this the reader was more relaxed about how long it is taking Emma; you weren’t worried about how long it will take her because you know that it will be solved by the end. But now you are in a hurry because the book is slowly coming to an ending and you need Emma to find who killed her twin in order for her to move on with her life.

Even though I thought that this part of the book was going to be more interesting and more mind-blowing I have to say that these couple of chapters weren’t all that exiting. I thought that because too little information was reviled in my reading this week. My recent reading didn’t really fulfilled my expectations because I thought that by now I would know more information then what I do. I hope that in the following chapters I will get more information. I am eager to continue reading because I cant wait to find out what Emma will find in Mr. Mercer’s office. I think that she will find some information about the women who he is dating out of his marriage. Maybe she will find a contact and see if that woman knows something about murder, if not about the murder maybe just about the night of the murder. I am concerned that I will not find out who and how Sutton was murdered by t the end of the book. I have many questions regarding what Emma will find in Mr. Mercers office, for example: who helped him murder his own child? Was he forced into doing it or was it his idea? Who else knows about what he did? What exactly will Emma find in his office?


“Yeah but either way he’s not in his office- that’s a perfect opportunity for you to sneak in. You don’t think he would keep that kind of information at home do you?” (page 179)

This passage was said by Ethan (Emma’s boyfriend) he said that when he was planning with Emma when it would be a good time for her to sneak into Mr. Mercer’s office and try to find something that will help her get to the answer. This passage delighted me because I was glad that they found another way to get to the information they need. I am glad that they thought of that because his office sounds like the perfect place to hide some thing you don’t want anyone (especially you family) to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment