Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fourth Blog Post: Heart of a Samurai

Title: Heart of a Samurai

Author: Margi Preus

Genre: Children's Literature

Pages: 115/282


Report Section:

I read eleven to fourteen chapters over the last week. In the story, Jolly stole the captain's watch and threatened Manjiro about the captain trained to snitch things to his servants. When Manjiro and Jolly talked, Goemon entered to there and interrupted their talking. Manjiro knew that Goemon was trying to keep his face from betraying emotion. Jolly started to lie. Manjiro kicked out from under him and he fell heavily into the sand. His had knocked against something smooth and solid as a sword handle, and he grabbed it, leaped up and using it as a weapon, lunged wildly. But it was on fire. He had pulled a burning piece of driftwood from the bonfire. Jolly yelled with pain and ran toward the sea. Manjiro and Goemon wasted no time. They grabbed their packages and set off running after Manjiro had stopped pick something out of the sand. It was a shiny silver disk. After the time, finally far down the beach, they could stop drop into the sand. Then Manjiro put five coins on Goemon's poem. Goemon was surprised because that time, they really needed money, but Manjiro gave it to him. Manjiro wanted to be crew member of the barbarians, the captain's group and earn his lay when the journey ends. Goemon couldn't really allow it, understand it because there was Jolly. Jolly wanted to kill Manjiro. Goemon thought the barbarians would kill Goemon and Manjiro. However, Manjiro thought positively differently Goenmon. They had different opinions, Goemon wanted to ran away from barbarians but Manjiro wanted to be with them. Eventually they bade farewell each other.

Response Section:

This part was very sad. I have never thought for Manjiro and Goemon would say goodbye before I started to read. And also I already knew that Jolly was crazy man. I couldn't understand Jolly while I read the chapters of the book. I think probably Jolly was jealous of Manjiro. That's why Jolly hated and bullied Manjiro. This chapter was satisfied for me. I expect the story in the end of the book. I wish this book is happy in the end. 

Passage Section:

"I won't forget you. We will see each other again. I am sure of it."

This passage is when Manjiro and Goemon said goodbye to each other for their future life way. I really like this passage. Because of I had experience the farewell as Manjiro and Goemon. This passage made me sadly. If we have to do farewell with friends, it will be really sad. And definitely they would meet again. I hope they could meet again in the future of the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment