Sunday, October 13, 2013

A WALK TO REMEMBER #4- ANDREA KOSTIC

  • Title: A Walk To Remember 
  • Author: Nicholas Sparks
  • Genre: Romance 
  • Number of pages read this week / total number of pages in the book: 190/240 

  •  Briefly summarize what you have read over the past week
Chapter 10 starts with Landon and Jamie performing their play. For the first time in his life, Landon sees Jamie with her hair down, a touch of makeup, in her white dress, and he gets shocked and impressed. The play is a great success, and Jamie's father, like everyone else, is proud of her. Unfortunately, her ''upgraded'' social status doesn't last, and Jamie is soon relegated to her formal social status. At that point of my reading, Landon falls in love with Jamie and realizes many things that he didn't before. Then, Jamie asks Landon to help her collect the bottles and cans that are supposed to collect money and help the orphanage, and Landon, of course, accepts it. Landon invites Jamie to a Christmas dinner at his house, and asks Jamie if he can begin seeing her more, and she agrees. The next day, they kiss for the first time, and begin dating. Landon starts noticing how weak Jamie looks everyday. He admits to her that he loves her more than anything, but she realizes that she must tell him the truth: she is dying of a rare for of leukemia and has only few months to live.  
At this point of reading, Landon realizes who he actually loves and cares about. He is ready to tell the whole world how he feels with Jamie, and how much he loves her. I think that he is realizing that the love with Jamie is not going to be eternal, and that sooner or later, the end of their young, teenage adventure, will come
I've noticed that Landon at first does not look at the personality in a person of different gender. It is obvious and at the same time sad, that he needed more time to realize how beautiful Jamie is whether she has her hair in a bun or not. 
Still, Landon is not afraid of showing his feelings, and he is ready to announce the whole world for his love with Jamie, but unfortunately, it is to late for that.  

  • Reflect: On what you have read over the past week
I think that this part of the book that I have read reveals a lot about the main characters, Landon and Jamie. Jamie, who is well aware that she has a couple of months of life, is still caring a smile on her face, willing to help anyone who needs her. Landon for instance, needs more time to realize how gorgeous and beautiful Jamie actually is. 
My recent recent reading has fulfilled my expectations. Again, there is a thing that I did not expect at all, which is Jamie's sickness. I read this section of the book very fast, and I wanted to finish is faster, but at the same time I wanted to leave something to read for the upcoming week. 
Honestly, I do not know what to expect on the ending of the book. I wish that it is a happy ending, and that Jamie cures her leukemia, but something tells me in my mind that she is going to live Landon all alone, and that he won't find a girl like her for long period of time. 
I am very satisfied with what I have read, and I am really sad that there is 2 chapters left till the end of the book. I mentioned this in every blog post so far, but the author uses easy word choice, and it makes reader read more. The author makes us imagine the picture of what we are reading in our heads, and feel it. I am not looking forward in finishing this book, and I want this book to last forever.
 
  • Passage Section
'' As these images were going through my head, my breathing suddenly went still. I looked at Jamie, then up the ceiling and around the room, doing my best to keep my composure, then back to Jamie again. She smiled at me and I smiled at her and all I could do was wonder how i'd ever fallen in love with a girl like Jamie Sullivan.'' (page 154)

What this passage represents is when Landon finally admits that he has fallen in love with Jamie. As you can tell, the page number is 154, and that is when he gets how beautiful she actually is, that is how time he actually needed to start noticing some very important things about her. 
  
:) :) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment