Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hide and Seek


Hide and Seek
Sara Shepard
Mystery, thriller
175/ 288

In the past 8 chapters the author Sara Shepard gave the reader many clues which helped me put somethings together when it comes to the murder investigation. At the beginning of my reading for this week one of the main characters Emma found a possible murder weapon in Laurels room (Sutton's sister). Emma went to search Laurels room for clues. She got exactly what she was looking for. She found a tennis racquet and on the racquet was blood and hair that looked like Sutton's (The twin that got murdered) hair. Mean while the family is planing a big birthday for Mr. Mercer (Sutton's and Laurels dad). On the party Emma tells Ethan about what she found in Laurels room. When she goes to the toilet, she hears a couple of people arguing. She approaches and sees that Mr. Mercer and Grandma Mercer are arguing about something. Grandma Mercer was angry at her son because she found out that he was cheating on his wife Mrs. Mercer (Sutton's and Laurel's mom). Emma then hid and listened to the conversation and that is when she found out what was going on. After that she was seen by Mr. Mercer. He doesn't know for how long she was listening to the conversation but he knows that she heard way too much. Then Emma spoke to Thayer he said that on the night of the murder he saw Mr. Mercer with another woman who was not Mrs. Mercer. These developments affected the characters a lot because now you have a different point of view. Until now Mr. Mercer was this ideal family guy who always there for his family and now he is a person who the reader doesn't like. He is now "The bad guy". It also affected the relationship with Emma and Mr. Mercer. In Emma's mind Mr. Mercer is the other suspect in the murder investigation. She thinks that he killed Sutton because she saw him cheating on his wife. He might have been scared she would tell.
I am blown away by what has happened so far. I can't believe that Mr. Mercer would do such a thing. Up until this point he was a good family man and now he is the next suspect in the murder investigation. This book keeps on amazing me because you can never guess what will happen next. The reading this week has fulfilled my expectations the the maximum. When I started reading I just couldn't stop. I needed to keep on going to see what will happen next and I couldn't put the book down. I think that since Laurel isn't the suspect Emma will team up with Laurel and find who the murderer is. I am very satisfied with what I read so far I really enjoy reading this book.

At this point I have many questions. Why is there a bloody racquet in Laurel's room when she didn't do the crime?Is it there just in case everyone finds out what really happens so Mr. Mercer can pin everything on his daughter? Is Emma going to tell Mrs. Mercer about the conversation she over heard?

"I couldn't believe it either. My dad didn't seem like the type. He acted like such an upstanding citizen, dedicated to his family and his surgery practice. Was everyone in my family keeping horrible secrets." 
-Page 146
This passage was said by Sutton (The twin that was murdered. She still knows everything even though she is not there). This passage reveals the secret,what Mr.Mercer did.  This passage mad me very angry because up till now I thought that Mr.Mercer was everything positive and now I see that he is not. Beside being angry I am disappointed.



No comments:

Post a Comment