Tuesday, May 7, 2013

ORR #4: Eva Peron

Title: Evita: The Real Life of Eva Peron
Author: Nicholas Fraser
Genre: Biography
Pages: 198
Eva Peron (very bottom left) signing papers
for the Foundations

Eva Peron was also very famous for her foundation that she started. Since 1823, charitable works in Buenos Aires had been carried out almost exclusively by the stodgy Society of Beneficence, a group of elderly, wealthy society ladies. Traditionally, the Argentine first lady was invited to be the head of the society, but in 1946 they snubbed Evita, saying she was too young. Outraged, Evita essentially crushed the society, first by removing their government funding and later by establishing her own foundation. The foundation became a huge enterprise, employing thousands of workers. The unions and others looking for political favor with Perón lined up to donate money, and later a percentage of lottery and cinema tickets went to the foundation as well. The Catholic Church supported it wholeheartedly. Along with finance minister Ramón Cereijo, Eva personally oversaw the foundation, working tirelessly to raise more money or personally meet with the poor that came begging for help. There were few restraints on what Evita could do with the money: much of it she simply gave away personally to anyone whose sad story touched her. Having once been poor herself, Evita had a realistic understanding of what the people were going through. Even as her health deteriorated, Evita continued to work 20-hour days at the foundation, deaf to the pleas of her doctors, priest and husband, who urged her to rest.

Eva as an actress
As I prepare to enter HS, how can I live my own life in a better way to fulfill the life goals I have for myself?
I just need to take care of all the assignments and do them the greatest way possible, with really high quality. I also want to get better grades and be a better student overall because all of the grades and the working habits that I get throughout all of high school are gonna be the ones to follow me my whole life. I also want to get into a really good university so that's why I want to be a much better student. But the thing is that I have a horrible work ethic and I am always leaving stuff for the last minute, and that's the worst way to do an assignment and that's why most of the time my grades are mediocre. Anyways, all I want to be in high school is a great student, and I want to involve in many school activities other than sports (for college applications).

Describe your figure’s mentors and special training?
Eva Perón didn't have any special mentors or special training. However, Eva was married to Juan Perón, and later he had become the president of Argentina, and Eva became the First lady along with him. While she was a first lady she has worked with children, dedicated herself to charity and things like that, so even though she never had any training in her early life, because she came from a regular/poor person, and then an actress, she is now recognized as a very pretty, and sophisticated lady. This also goes to show that your past doesn't make you exactly who you are, and who you are gonna be depends on the choices you make, and what you want to act like, which is another great way to be a role model for kids who think that they are hopeless, because from a poor child, she became one of the most loved women of Argentina.  

3 comments:

  1. Great post! Incredibly detailed answers. Go Argentina! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva Peron seems like a very nice sophisticated person. I like how she still helped people even though she was famous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog post and you added important information. :) Great job

    ReplyDelete