Thursday, May 9, 2013

Eileen Collins Blog 5

Eileen Collins

Source:
Website: http://www.biography.com/people/eileen-collins-9542232

This source is one of the most helpful ones to me while writing my living history. This is Eileen Collin's life summed up into a couple of paragraphs. This source doesn't go in depth but flows through her life and is easier to understand. It explains how Collins was interested in flight ever since she was a child and she achieved her dream to comman space shuttles. She is very well educated. However, she had to retire to teach others about her adventures in space and focus on her family a little bit more.


As I prepare to enter HS, how can I live my own life in a better way to fulfill the life goals for what I have for myself?

Growing up is probably going to be more fun because I will get more freedom to experience things I can't now, but it will be harder in school and I will have to deal with things on my own a little bit more. My general goals in life are to be a good student, to go off to a good college, and succeed in what I want to be in life. Eileen Collins inspired me to be an astronaut, so that is my biggest goal now, become an astronaut and succeed. In order to accomplish my goal I will try to follow Eileen Collins' steps and try to get into colleges that she did. I can't really change my life in order to accomplish my goal, but I can read more about astronomy and be focused on that school subject in first place.

Describe your figure's mentors and special trainings?

Graduated from Elmira Free Academy, Elmira, New York, in 1974; received an associate in science degree in mathematics/science from Corning Community College in 1976; a bachelor of arts degree in mathematics and economics from Syracuse University in 1978; a master of science degree in operations research from Stanford University in 1986; and a master of arts degree in space systems management from Webster University in 1989.



4 comments:

  1. Hey, i like the coloration, but its kinda messing with my eyes! But overall, i liked how you explained everything in detail, just maybe add a little more at the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog post but i think I agree with alek the colours are very bright and hard to read. However I really like your descriptions and its great how the person you are doing inspired you. But I think you should add a summary of a book, article etc. which you read about this week. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Alek and Miona have pointed out, the layout of your post really helps the eyes follow it, and not many people (myself included) really pay much attention to those little details that make up the whole blog post, so that's what caught my eye. I've never heard of Eileen Collins before, and I don't think that many other people did, so your presentation will be really interesting I think. I can't wait to see what you do now with trying to bring the feeling of the person to the audience, because you always do such a great job at it (I'm thinking of the music performance as Harry Styles). Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellie Collins seems like a really cool person. OH yeah girl power. I think that is why I like her because she was the first women to go into space. Honestly why must everything be done by men first, we women are awesome people!

    ReplyDelete