Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Dalai Lama Rotation 4

1. As I prepare to enter HS, how can I live my own life in a betted way to fulfill the life goals I have for myself?  I have to stop being so social and really start focusing more on my studies because I really havent been taking them seriously enough and im going to have to.

2. What is one More unique thing you have discovered about your figure?
My figures surrounding were worse than expected. During the time that my figure was going on peace talks to china, he didnt fly by plane at all which is what I expected. He has to travel my mule and then by jeep for 10 days. This is just a bit suprising, it a lot less of a modern travel by.

3. Descrive your figure's mentors and special trainings.
My figure has had numerous mentors in his monestic school learnings. Many different masters, and many different teachers specializing in each subject.


(The Dalai Lama leaving after a speech)

In this weeks reading it was actually really interesting. The Dalai lama told his story of his travels to China to try and persuade the chinese that Tibet was already an independant country and tey dont need china and that the chinese should back off. He said it in a less direct and polite way though. He described the trechourous journey on mule and then by car. He described how the roads were so dangerous and horrible because rocks would slip from the mountain down to the river below. The roads were so dangerous that "3 people were killed and also many mules and horses." When he finally finished his scary journey and met with the chinese superiors he didnt get much decided but just his efforts ment the world to the Tibetan people. The chinese superior were polite but in the sort of way that they wouldnt listen to anything he said and just insisted that they could change the ways of Tibet to theirs and make China and Tibet together "again." They sort of had a fake smile and politness on.

5 comments:

  1. I had lack of knowledge about him and now I learned a lot from your post. Your post is really well-organized and interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this blog interesting, as it showed several levels of inquiry. However, being a bit OCD with grammar and all, I could not read this post without internally cringing at all the grammar mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahhah before i read this i never knew who Dali Lama was nice psot sofia jsut maybe you ccould sometimes be a little bit more specific :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your goals for high school are really good, and I wish that it comes true for you, because you're smart, and I really think that it shouldn't go to waste with all of the socializing etc. I never really knew much about Dalai Lama, and your choice for the living history person is really good, because not many people know much about him, and I really hope that you present him well, which I think you will. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good blog post. I also really like your goal about how your going to improve your grades in high school.

    ReplyDelete