Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Living History Post 4

Generally Steve Jobs and Bill Gates where considered to be strong rivals. People think they despise each other, funnily enough, that isn't the case. In fact they actually went to University together, although they never truly knew each other then. During a very famous interview between them they both talk about the long discussions they used to have about technology and world issues, them both being world changing people. Sure, they do squabble occasionally. Bill Gates doesn't like the way everything Apple does is closed and the operating system only works on Macs, he says that yet respects Steve's decisions to do so because it makes it more secure and reliable. The same goes for Steve, he doesn't like the way Windows is available on any computer and doesn't think that is the way to go, but he respects it and even sometimes regrets not choosing to go down that path. In another interview Bill Gates reveals that the one trait that Steve Jobs has, that he wishes he has, was his sense of design. Even with so little engineering background, Steve Jobs was capable of designing amazing products. He even goes as far as describing Steve Job's products as phenomenal.


1.      As I prepare to enter HS, how can I live my own life in a better way to fulfill the life goals I have for myself? 
The one important thing that I need to focus on is empathy. I need to envision myself in the other person's shoes and try to react appropriately to that. I also need to do that with teachers, so I can gauge correctly when to speak and when not to. Or see why certain things would be beneficial to us, in their eyes to give me another reason to work hard on whatever it is I am doing.

2.      What is one MORE unique thing you have discovered about your figure?
I think the most unique thing would be that for every developer conference, Steve Jobs wore the exact same shirt and jeans, which has really come to be the way we think of him and Apple.

3.      Describe your figure’s mentors and special trainings?
Steve Jobs, as a young man, would often talk about Thomas Edison, because his iconic mind make a great deal of brilliant inventions. Edison is credited with the first research laboratory. After the death of Steve, he was often compared to Edison because he created a great American corporation and used it to change the world.




2 comments:

  1. I always noticed that Steve Jobs always wore the same thing, good fact. That makes your decision of what to wear for living history very easy. Its really interesting that Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are not rivals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post, I always thought they were rivals, but I find it interesting that I was wrong. I also found interesting the fact that a person Steve Jobs looked up to, he is now compared to them, that must be a dream come true to be similar to your idol, if not, then better :)

    ReplyDelete