Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Jane Goodall blog 4

As I prepare to enter HS, how can I live my own life in a better way to fulfill the life goals i have for myself?
Everyone have their goals in life and what they would like to do. I think I am too young to think about what I am going to do when I grow up but i do have current goals which would be fulfilled in a shorter period of time. However I also have dreams and wishes of what I would want to be, but I still don't know if I would be able to complete that. Something I could do to make my dreams happen is to first start getting very nice grades so I would be able to get into a good college. I also need to keep my life balanced between friends and school.

What is one more unique thing you have discovered about your figure?
I discovered that she has her own institute called the Jane Goodal institute. I was reading an article about it and I think it’s really amazing how apart from her studies and her work with eh chimps, she still has time to have an institute, keep it in order, and make sure it doesn't go out of control. I think it’s crazy how apart from spending 20 years and more on studying chips now she even takes time teaching little kids about everything she has discovered.

Describe your figures mentors and special training?
Janes mentor throughout her life in Africa was Louis Leaky.  He was the one who got her into the project and the one who pushed her to accept this project. The project was the study of chimps, which of course did not fail as you can see. Ha gave her special training at the beginning when she had a part time job which was given to her by him and his group.


Title of artice and website: The Jane Godall Institute
link: http://www.janegoodall.org/

This week instead of reading a book I choose to write about an article. I did that because I didn’t talk about the Jane Goodall institute yet because it wasn’t mentioned much in the book and i dint talk about it. But I felt like it is a big part of Janes life today. One of Janes great accomplishments was the Jane Goodall institute. It is a public place, which pushes people to make life different for living creatures. What
this institute tries to do is make sure everyone knows what and who great apes are the way we should treat them. They do that through research, public speeches, and support. They also make sure to preserve the environment of great apes. Lastly they try to find a group of young people or adults who care a lot about the environment, and the animals and who will take their time to keep them safe. The picture which you see to the left is one of the two signs of the Jane Goodall institute.

4 comments:

  1. I like your post Miona but I find it very intersting you would like to attend god college i didnt realize you were so religious? and also I like how you changed it up a little and wrote about an article instead of your book nice job :) use spell check in the future ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, as Tatjana said I never knew that you wanted to go to god school, but you never know ;) Jokes aside, I can't wait to see you present her to the whole MS, and I think that your presentation will be amazing, and I can't wait to see what you do. Great job Miona! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog post was nice. I like how you did an article instead of a book this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same as Irina and Tati I can't wait for your final performance! Jane seems like such an amazing human and everything she did is truly outstanding! :)

    ReplyDelete