Friday, May 17, 2013

Lornezo de Medici

(No heading, read an online article)
In the article that I read for my living history person it talked about his past involvement with politics and his contribution to the city when there was trouble with the growing of crops, and soon after hunger was a big problem. But Lorenzo de Medici gave his own money to help the town out of starvation and soon after adored by him people even more.

1) What are 3 significant contributions that your figure made and impact of each?
The very first significant thing that i would like to talk about would be the deed i mentioned above. When there was a terrible risk of starvation due to the low growth of crops. When many people were expected to die, Lorenzo de Medici took his own money that he had (considering he was in fact a ruler) he saved many people and is to this very day considered magnificent. Lorenzo de Medici had an eye for seeing talent in people, that is why he took in great artists such as Lorenzo de Medici and Michelangelo into his house and gave them the best possible conditions and tools to complete their art. One significant thing that Lornezo de Medici did that didn't not effect the world but was hard to do. He escaped an assassin plot with only a knife wound. He kept on ruling with the same amount of security, in other words nothing changed

2)What is one more unique thing that you have discovered?
I have discovered (you might say a long time ago) that Lornezo de Medici did in fact surive and assassination plot that sadly took the life of his brother

3)What are the different awards and prizes that your figure has been awarded?
During that time there was no real award or prize that people of such state got but he did get the title of magnificent which most mean a lot.

"...I was approaching town along the road that leads into the portal of Faenza, when I observed such throngs proceeding through the streets, that I won't even dare to guess how many men made up the retinue. The names of many I could easily say: I knew a number of them personally...There's one I saw among those myriads, with whom I'd been close friends for many years, as I had known him since we'd both been lads...."
~ Lorenzo de' Medici (from his narrative poem, "Il Simposio," qtd. in Miles J. Unger's "Magnifico: The Brilliant Life and Violent Times of Lorenzo de' Medici." New York: Simon & Schuster. 2008. Print.)

1 comment:

  1. I like the name of this famous person, and I'm surprised that he survived an assassination but his brother survived...

    ReplyDelete