Sunday, September 30, 2012

Wrinkle in Time

Wrinkle in Time
Genre- Fantasy 
By Madeleine L'Engle
Pages 110-211/211


I have finished reading this very enjoyable book, "A Wrinkle in Time". If you want to read this book I would advise you to not read this post. This books moral to me seems to be, "Hold on to you beliefs because that is what keeps you unique." I think that is the moral of the story because this evil brain named IT on Camazotz tries to take everything from someones personality and makes everybody the exact same. At pages 110 Charles W.'s  mind has been taken by IT and has been left in Camazotz for a day or so because his father they saved tesserd(Traveled) him, Meg, and Calvin,but Meg almost died from that experience because her father was not good at tessering. He only tessered them out so they would not also be taken by IT. After a  day of recovery Meg and Meg alone went back to Camazotz to save Charles. She learned the only way to save him was for Meg to tell hm how much she loves him. Meg and Charles had a close bond even though she did not know to much about her baby brother Charles. A quotation from this book explains their bond it is, " It can't be anybody else. I don't understand Charles, but he understands me. I'm the one who's closest to him. Father's been away for so long, since Charles Wallace was a baby. They don't even know each other And Calvin's only known Charles for such a little time. If it had been longer then he would have been the on, but-oh, I see, I see, I understand, it at it has to be me. There isn't anyone else."  I really liked the end to this story because throughout the book you also saw Meg evolve into actually making friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment