Monday, September 3, 2012

Al Capone does My Shirts

Pages: 54-154
Author: Gennifer Cholodenko
Genera: Historical-Fiction

        This story Al Capone does my Shirts is a book about a boy named Moose, his sister Nat, and his parents who moved to Alcatraz, the prison. His father had to find work so he is a guard and electrition there. Moose's sister Natalie has a mysterious problem, but Moose's parents don't tell him there is but they know he knows. She is ten forever. Moose was sucked into a girl named Pipers, project. She was the wardens daughter. The project was that they had students at their school pay to have the convicts wash their clothes, which they did. Eventually they got caught and they all got in a lot of heat. So far I really like this book. Before I would not really pick this book out of a bunch but it is interesting. I like how this book really sounds like it is coming from a twelve year old's head. For example I have one quote from the book, "It's embarrassing to spend all your time with a seven year old girl, but Jimmy is always fiddling with his mechanical devices, so what am I supposed to do?"  This is a thought that goes through many twelve year old kids heads.I also like the setting because I have never heard of a book in Alcatraz in the 1930's. I recommend this book to you.

3 comments:

  1. The book sounds interesting and maybe I would read it sometime. I don't think that I would have picked it either, but after hearing about it, I could give shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read this book before. It kept me reading on and on. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a great book, good descriptions and I can really understand what you are trying to explain.

    ReplyDelete