Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Kite Runner


Title- The Kire Runner
Author- Khaled Hosseini
Number of Pages- 324


This week I decided to start reading my other award winning book. It is called The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I have never read the book but I've see the movie. My mom and my teachers tell me that it is a very heavy book, or the topic of the book which is one of the reasons I decided to read it. I also loved the movie. If you take Twilight for example the books are amazing, but the movies are not as good, where as The Kite Runner the movie is AMAZING and the book as well. That is one of the most imporant reasons that I chose to read it. It tells me that if the movie is amazing than the book must be 10 times better. In this case I was right. The Kite Runner is about two friends Kabul and Hassan who are exact opposites of each other. Hassan's father is a servant to Kabul's father. That is how they became friends. I really like the beginning of the book because you do not really understand it which makes you read the next chapter. It begins with suspance. The past is brought to the present and that is what hunts the main character back to where he came from. Back into the past where all those dark memories lay and await for him to return. In the first few chapters that I've read it is all about the past and what happened to him before he became who he is know. The book, indeed is heavy but it truly paints the pictures in your head and you can imagine what their life was back then. Their struggles, bad times, good times. All that is described with such vivid description that it is almost impossible to believe a book could be so good. 


First edition book cover

5 comments:

  1. It seems like a very sad book. You should watch the movie, it's excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the movie, it is very good. It seems like a book with a hard topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the movie nor read the book, but it seems quite good. Wonder what is going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to read this book but my mum won't let me. :( She said it's too sad for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book! Well i just read it for my book report! It is adventurous, exciting, maybe a little sad, but for me the ending is not sad it is more bitter sweet. We should totally talk about the book! I would love to hear more of your opinion about it!

    ReplyDelete