Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Twilight 2


Twilight
Stephenie Meyer
498 pages of 498 pages
Fantasy+Romance

Quote from the book: “Surely it was a good way to die, in the place of someone else, someone I loved. Noble, even. That ought to count for something.” This quote was in the preface of the book and I chose it because I thought that it meant something completely different than what I thought before I read the book. I thought that it had something to do with Edward, but it’s actually about Bella.

What happened until now: Bella and Edward are in love- BIG TIME! They are together as much as possible and talk a lot. Bella finds out, how Edward became a vampire and that he has a special skill- he can read other people’s minds. But Bella is the only person unreadable he ever came across.
Bella also meets his family and they all like her, except Rosalie, the beautiful blond. Right after Edward introduced Bella, his family invites her to come play baseball with them. Of course, vampire baseball is different! Bella really enjoys watching the Cullen family play, until a group of three other vampires find them. One of them is a tracker and he enjoys the smell of Bella’s blood nearly as much as Edward, which means he won’t stop searching for her, until he gets what he wants. Edward doesn’t want this to happen so his whole family helps him hide Bella. Still, James (the vampire) is clever and tricks Bella into thinking he has her Mum.           
Will Edward be fast enough to save Bella? Or will the last face she sees, be James’? Find out and read the book!

In my other blog post I said that I really like this book but now I think that there was too little action. It was interesting and all, but from a book that received so much praise, it wasn’t special enough. Still, I enjoyed it and will read the next book!
Thumbs up :)

1 comment:

  1. I like how you put an exciting question in the end. Judging by that picture, I would think that Bella turns into a vampire. oooh

    ReplyDelete