Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Kite Runner



Title- The Kite Runner
Author- Khaled Hossesini
Pages- 324
This week I finished my book report book, The Kite Runner. I love it sooooo much!!! The ending of the book is sooo powerful. The last paragraph is so strong and basically points out the symbol of the book. Kite. "Then I turned and ran. It was only a smile, nothing more. It didn't make everything all right. It didn't make anything all right. Only a smile. A tiny thing. A lead in the woods, shaking in the wake of s startled birds flight. But I'll take it. With open arms. Because when spring comes, it melts the snow one flake at a time, and maybe I just witnessed the first first flake melting. I ran. A grown man running with a swarm of screaming children. But I didn't care. I ran with the wind blowing in my face, and a smile as wide as the Valley of Panjsher on my lips. I ran." The ending is so happy, it made me cry. That last page was everything I had hoped for, for Amir and Sohrab. That last page made me understand the book and take everything it. That is how I got my title, Let it Fly, One Last Time.

2 comments:

  1. The Kite runner sounds like a very interesting book. I like the quotation you added in. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book sounds good of what I have read and a nice touch that you put a whole paragraph in and why you did it.

    ReplyDelete