Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Storm Catchers

Title: Storm Catchers
Author: Tom Bowler 
Copyright date: 2002
Pages: 208
Genre: Mystery/Thriller 
 
 
Storm Catchers is a Rather interesting book written by Tim Bowler. I had already read a book by Tim Bowler called Apocalypse and I really enjoyed it so I thought I would read another one for my award winning book project. This book is based in the UK where a, I assume, rather wealthy family live in huge house with secret passages close to the sea. One night , the parents of the three children go out leaving Sam, a three year old, Ella, a thirteen year old and Finn a fifteen year old by themselves. Fin decides to go out against what his parents said and leaves Ella alone with Sam. Ella is scared of the house and when she hears the sound of something tapping on the window she creeps down to check what it is. It turns out to be something unimportant. But when she sees a huge boy creeping up behind her she tries to run away but he catches her in the end and kidnappes her.
 
The next day Finn is feeling horrible and to make matters worse they get a call from the kidnappers saying that the father has to pay a hundred thousand pounds by lunchtime the next day, or she will die. At this point I assumed that the some other family may have some kind of score to settle with the father and that's why they kidnapped the daughter. Throughout the half of the book that I have read so far other strange things start happening, for example Sam, the small boy keeps on seeing a beautiful girl his age that only he can see that keeps luring him towards the cliffs saying that she wants to play. And at one poinnt in the book Finn realizes that he can use a strand of his sisters hair attatched to some of her jewelry to try to find her. He asks it yes or no questions and it turns clockwise for yes and anti-clockwise for no. Also the dad seems to be seeing some kind of tramp who is hated by the law. As you can see this is a pretty gripping and rather weird and I guess kind of spiritual book, but don't get me wrong, I can't wait to keep reading!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a good read, good work Alfie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do you always read scary books? It's sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scary books and I think they are the only ones I really enjoy reading. Your description was really good and I want to know what happens next. Good job

    ReplyDelete