Thursday, September 27, 2012

Eclipse

Eclipse
Stephenie Meyer
101 pages of 626 pages
Fantasy+Romance

Quote from the book: “Something Edward didn’t want me to know. Something that Jacob wouldn’t have kept from me…” This quote is interesting because one of the main problems of Bella in this book is that she wants to stay friends with Jacob but be together with Edward at the same time. This is a big problem because werewolves and vampires are enemies and Edward won’t let Bella be with Jacob because he is afraid he might hurt her. Jacob wants her to still be friends with her, and she has to decide to whom she will listen to. So, naturally, she compares how they react and what they do.

What happened until now: Bella and Edward made a pact with the Volturi that they won’t join them now, but Edward has to turn Bella, because humans are not supposed to know their secret. Bella actually wants to become a vampire, but Edward is strictly against it. Still, after Bella graduates Carlisle will turn her, or, after long discussion, the option Edward offers her is that she first needs to marry him and then he will turn her. But Bella doesn’t like marriage at a young age, because that messed up her parents’ relationship. She will need to choose about who will turn her, too now.   
Also, although both werewolves and vampires thought she was gone, Victoria turns up again and nearly starts a fight between the two families.
This book is nice to read, because it’s very easy, but the more I read of the Twilight- series, the less I like it, because it is actually always about the same thing: Bella wants to become a vampire, Edward doesn’t want her to be one!   
The topic could actually be interesting, and I will also read the last book in this series, just so I have a full picture of it. So, still Thumps up. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I read the first book, my mistake and I found it a bit predictable, it was a quick read because it was so easy, as you said, but I guess it's one of those books that you have to read, like the hunger games.

    ReplyDelete