Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ship Breaker Part 3 -Tyler


Title: Ship Breaker
Author: Paolo Bacigalupi
Published by Little, Brown and Company
Copyright date: 2010
Pages: 323
Genre: Action, Suspense  


Yet again, Ship Breaker didn't cease to entertain me. The author has stepped it up to the next level, and now has even more action. After a terrible storm came through Nailer's small community, he and Pima scavenged a clipper boat. But this was not any boat. It was the boat that carried Nita, the daughter of one of the world's richest business owners to ever exist. After saving her from the wreck, they decided to help her get home, as they would get a large reward. But Nailer's drunk and abusive dad decided he wanted some money as well. He, along with the help with some of his gang members, held his own son, Pima, and Nita captive. Nailer' dad was a loose cannon ready to blow. Nailer's dad was debating whether to kill Nita and take the scavenge or help her. If he were to help her, it would be most likely he wouldn't get a reward at all from the "swanks". If he were to kill her, he could take any of her stuff from the boat, bury her and act like it never happened. Nailer, a determined, thoughtful boy, decided he needed to help Nita escape in order to ensure his survival. Nailer, Nita, and Tool (an ex-gang member) are now out on a journey to the half sunken city of New Orleans. This book has me reading on and on. I am suppose to be on page 150 (3 weeks). I am currently on page 220. I recommend this book to any one who likes action and suspense, as I love both I am enjoying Ship Breaker. However, if you do not like violence or very sad books, I would say to read with caution, as it has a lot of both.

4 comments:

  1. This book does sound really exciting. I wonder what will happen to those people going to New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. I hope Nita survives. Just reading your post made a whole movie in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome I would really like to read it sometime. I hope that Nita will get home safe and Nailer's dad does not kill her. I'm waiting for your next blog post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah it sounds interesting, hope everything turns out alright.

    ReplyDelete