Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stern 'Desperate' for Deal? (Roy's ORR #6)

The headline above is my take, and many other peoples', about David Stern's (Main NBA commissioner) comments last Thursday. “ We’re ready to sit down and make a deal. I don’t believe that the union is. Hopefully by Tuesday, aided by the mediator, they’ll be ready to make a deal. Certainly, I’ll bring my owners ready to make a deal.” This is what Stern had to say about the NBA lockout. 
My wish right now is that he is telling the truth. Because another thing he said was "My gut tells me that if we don't reach an agreement by the end of Tuesday, we won't have any games until the end of December." If he's telling the truth, not only does it mean we won't start the games in Mid-November (2 weeks are already cancelled) but it means we will miss one of the three most exciting events of the season, which is the Christmas games, which always provide the most interesting variety of games throughout the year (the other two are the All-Star game, and the Dunk Contest. This is only throughout the season, not the playoffs.)
Finally, I believe the NBA lockout should reach an agreement by the end of Tuesday. I would recommend this to anyone who is a fan of the NBA and wants the lockout to end. 6/10 Because the article isn't very detailed or descriptive but it tells the reader enough.
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bbpRA 

No comments:

Post a Comment