Sunday, October 9, 2011

ORR: The Host and The Pearl


This week I was reading two books at once, one for English and one for entertainment.
The Pearl (for school): first 3 chapters: 40 pages
The Host (home): 40 pages
All together this week i read 80 pages. Seeing as everybody did the first three chapters of The Pearl i decided to reflect on The Host:

The Host was written by Stephenie Meyer, who also is the author of the Twilight Saga. This book is also about a supernatural world but to me i think its more unusual and mysteries than Twilight. Its starts off with a memory of a girl running for something then falling down an elevator shaft...so far im still lost :) . The book is very confusing because it appears to have started in the middle, its one of those books that you have to get several chapters in before it starts to make sense and then the whole story comes together. What i have so far is that a girl (I haven't been given her name yet) from a different civilization who is being saved from death my having someone Else's soul it seems being put inside her, and she is "The Host" of this body.
I really like this book it seems well written and like its going to turn out to be a very interesting story but I'm not sure how its going to turn out though.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Em! That sounds like a really interesting book! Can I borrow it when you're done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. Seems a bit horrific but okay. Love the idea though the plot looks fantastic. Might try it myself.

    ReplyDelete