Monday, April 23, 2012

A Womans Crusade: Alice Paul and the Battle for the Ballot

For my living history I am reading a book called 'A Womans Crusade' by Mary Walton. The book goes through Alice Paul's entire life from her upbringing as a quaker to finally winning the right to vote and her work in human right afterward. So far I have learn't about how Alice Paul grew up as a quaker not being exposed to much, her high level education, and how her work in London finally lead her to Washington. I think Alice Paul was quite impressive woman especially now that im am reading about what she did before she became famous for her work in washington.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you are enjoying the book. I think that you could put a bit more in your post about the book and maybe you should have answered the questions that Mrs. Hancock told us to answer. I hope that you will keep enjoying the book. :D

    ReplyDelete