Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Week #3

Title: Rebel Angels
Author: Libba Bray
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 548
This book is the second book in the Gemma Doyle trilogy. It is about a girl named Gemma Doyle who has supernatural power. She is part of a secret club called the Order. She discovered the Realms (the name of the club) after the death of her mother. It is Christmas time and Gemma gets to go home to London to celebrate the holiday festivities with her family. She is told by Kartik,-her protector and secret crush that she must bid the magic of the realms in the Temple before Circe- an evil force trying to take over the magic of the realms can take it all. This book is full of interesting scenes of magic, thrills, and ball gowns. 
Having read both of the books I enjoyed this one much more because it went more into the magic and mystery of her powers. I was stunned by many parts, one being where Gemma and her friends must face the Poppy warriors which actually scares me because of the brilliant descriptions of their gruesome looks. This book kept me on the edge of my seat because of the intensity and wanted to know the end of the mystery. I loved how in the end, the story completely changed and I realized that the person I thought was the bad guy ended up being someone totally different. 
I would recommend this book to girls mostly, and people who love really intense mystery. I can't wait to read the third one!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment