Monday, April 23, 2012

1) Discuss the biography/autobiography so far:
    How is it organized? explain.
    Is the writing challenging? explain.

So far, the biography is very interesting for me. Not being an avid reader, I am surprised to find that I really enjoy reading this biography. So far, in this reflective book, Muhammad Ali talks a lot about religion and racism. He grew up with a baptist mother and his mother was very religious and brought her beliefs upon him. His father was a Methodist, but he allowed his mother to teach her beliefs to their children. Muhammad Ali lived in a time when racism was at one of its high points, and he was often discriminated against, as a child, society had confused him so much that he had asked his mother if he will go to heaven because he never saw a saint or painting of a black person in church.
2) What is one unique thing (so far) about your chosen human being for the Living History?  Explain it in detail.

So far, the unique thing about my person is that although I chose Muhammad Ali as an athlete that I admire, he has proven to be much more. Muhammad Ali is different from other athletes because he truly was a social activist and was known for his thoughts and opinions. Through this book I found that I agree with Muhammad Alis views on many occasions too, and I think that is rare with athletes.

1 comment:

  1. Well the fact that you aren't an avid reader makes it all the better. Frankly I know nothing about Muhammad Ali, so I cannot wait for you presentation of him.

    ReplyDelete