Sunday, April 8, 2012

Open-An Autobiography by Andre Agassi (Paperback)

Pages: 386

This week I got a book from a friend of one of the famous tennis players in the history. It was a book about Andre Agassi. He has retired a couple of years ago. The book I just got is about his life from childhood to becoming a professional tennis player. He is one of the most beloved athletes in history and one of the most gifted men ever to step onto a tennis court - but from early childhood Andre Agassi hated the game. Coaxed to swing a racquet while still in the crib, forced to hit hundreds of balls a day while still in grade school, Agassi resented the constant pressure even as he drove himself to become a prodigy, an inner conflict that would define him. Now, in his beautiful haunting autobiography, Open, Agassi tells the story of a life framed by such conflicts, a life balanced precariously between self-destruction and perfectionism.This book was recommended to me by one of the coaches that I saw in a tennis academy. I saw him reading the book and he told me that I should read it, and now I have this book, and I am loving it.



No comments:

Post a Comment