Monday, April 16, 2012

The Notebook

 



Title: The Notebook
Author: Nicholas Sparks
"Nicholas Sparks...will not let you go. His novel shines...[and] focuses on a man, a woman, and the transforming power of love."
-Dallas Morning News


I just started reading this book and I really like it. Although, I had trouble understanding what was happening at the beginning. There are many stories in parallel and it can be confusing trying to understand which one is which. 
I find the book very descriptive, even a little bit too much some times, but it gives us a very clear picture of what is happening.
I wouldn't want to give away the plot but what I have read so far is the story of thirty-one years old, Noah Calhoun -who just moved back to his home town in Costal North Caroline after fighting in World War 2- and twenty-nine years old Allie Nelson who is engaged to a very wealthy lawyer. I has been nearly 14 years since the summer neither of them has forgotten and yet, when she decides to tell him about her engagement in person, she discovers old feeling that she still has for him and it starting to doubt weather or not seeing him again after all this time was the right choice.

"A classic story of love found, lost, and regained...Sparks has a winning combination of style and story."-Christian Science Monitor



2 comments:

  1. I love this book! It will become more clear as you read on. I like you quotes too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. THe book is soo romantic !!! I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete