Saturday, April 14, 2012

I Will Plant You A Lilac Tree

    This weekend I began reading the book 'I Will Plant You A Lilac Tree' by Laura Hillman. This book is written around the mid 1900's about the Holacost. It is written as a memoir of a Schindler's list survivor the point of veiw of 16 year old jewish Hannelor Wolff.

    Hannelor is living at a all girls jewesh boarding school when her mother writes her that her father has been taken to a concentration camp and killed. About a week later he family is told they need to be sent to Gestapo. Write now in the book they have just entered this camp, Hannelore, her mother, and two elder brothers. Hannelor and her mother are seperated into lines (1 for males, where her brothers go, and 1 for females, where her and her mother are sent.) They are forced to strip down out of their clothing and have all their valuables taken away from them.

    So far I am greately enjoying this book. I have only read one other book about this time called 'The Boy in the Striped Pajamas' which I greately enjoyed. I cannot wait to continue reading this book it is a very sad but well written story.


No comments:

Post a Comment