Monday, January 28, 2013

Underworld

Title: Underworld
Author: Meg Cabot
Pages: 309
Genre: Teen


"The important thing is to forgive, my father had once told me. Only then could we move one" This is what Pierce is saying to herself trying to forgive John for keeping her in the underworld

Underworld is the second book the the trilogy Abandon. It is about a girl called Pierce Oliviera that is kept to underworld by her.... friend? Boyfriend? Well she is not sure either. Her... friend, is called John and he is the leader of the Underworld. He is keeping her here for her own safety, as he says, but she doesn't want to stay. At this point of the story Pierce is being 'watched' by a creature from underworld and she is trying to find out why she is kept down there.

This book is really interesting but the problem is that I didn't know it was from a trilogy so I need to stop reading it and start the first one. Although I don't understand much, I really like it.



Partner Questions (Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens)

Why did you and your partner choose this novel? In the first pages, are you both pleased with the selection? Explain both of your feelings. 

My mom and I chose to read The Christmas Carol for my book report because it is a good classic and we both watched the movie and liked it. As we keep reading, we figure out that it's not as similar as the movie and has different twists and it's harder to read. Since my mom reads more slowly than me and she has no time to read, I have moved ahead and during the February break she is going to try and catch up with me. The first few pages that we read, we both thought it was a very difficult book to read but it is very well written and I want to keep reading it because it's very interesting. It has interesting vocabulary words that are new to me and my mother but we don't mind.


2 comments:

  1. ohhhhh! I remember when we bought this book in Greece...was it then? I love how you explained it since I read one from the series but got it all wrong...but this book sounds very enjoyable. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it sounds like a book you can get confused about when you are reading, but overall a really good blog post.

    ReplyDelete