Friday, January 25, 2013

Pride and Prejudice Blog #2

Title: Pride and Prejudice
Author: Jane Austen 

 Genera: Fiction, Classic
Pages: 397

Pages read: unknown because kindle does not give pages 

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. However little known the feelings or views of such a man may be on his first entering a neighbourhood, this truth is so well fixed in the minds of the surrounding families that he is considered as the rightful property of some one or other of their daughters." - page 1

What Happened so far:
So far in my novel what has happened is there has been an introduction of the characters from Mr. and Mrs. Bennet and their 5 daughters. Also it is about how a man named Mr. Bingley is moving to the town where they are from and Mrs. Bennet's goal is to merry one of them to him. Mrs. Bennet was arguing with Mr.Benette that he must go and introduce himself to Mr. Bingley. He says he will not but in the end goes and pleases Mrs. Bennet. I have left off where they are now at the ball and one of the daughters, Elizabeth Bennet is talking about how stuck up a man named Mr. Darcy is at a ball. He will not dance with anyone except some very few people and also how he hates to dance. She is not at all pleased with Mr. Darcy

Blog post number 2:

The reason my mother and I chose to read this novel is becuase, first off, my mother always wanted me to read Jane Austen's novels because she knows how much she enjoyed them when she was rouhgly my age. Also because we both love period novels and we figured that this would be a perfect choice for us. I asked my mother if she is pleased with the novel so far and she told me that she is really enjoying the novel however, becuase she is reading it in serbian she said she doesnt like the trnaslation and thinks that whoever translated it did a bad job, so she said in the future she would read it in English. SInce I am reading it in English I dont know what she means but I am really enjoying the novel. SOmetimes there are words I dont know so I have to look them up but its a realy good interesting and captivationg novel. I cant wait to read more!

2 comments:

  1. I find it funny that we chose the exact same quote of the book, and i also like your explanation about what happened. I also find it interesting that your mum doesnt like the translation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a historical fiction book? Because it really sounds like it and kind of like War and Peace and the french book called "Anne-Marry Fille du Rois" which both happen at times where royalties and tsars rulled.
    I also find it funny that most of us chose our mums. Good luck with the continuation of your book!

    ReplyDelete