Thursday, January 24, 2013

Partner reading post 2


My partner and I went through a selection of novels before we came to our final choice, To Kill a Mocking bird. We decided to read that one for a couple different reasons. First of all it is a very famous classic and many people were advising me to read it. That was my reason, then my sister wanted to read that book because she told me they were reading it as their literary circles book so that was a reason why she agreed to reading that book. We started reading the first few pages of the book and it amazed us. We loved the use of language and the way he expresses his thoughts. For me there are a few words which I don’t understand so far, however my sister who knows almost all of them is helping me understand those words. 
  
Title: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire ( I wrote about this cause i finished next time i will start posting about my classic.)
Author: J.K.Rowling
Genera: Fantasy
Pages:734
Pages read:399

 The last time you read about this book I talked about how Harry was one of the contestants on the Triwizard Tournament. There are a couple of competitions. The first one is that they have to fight a dragon and reach the golden egg before the dragon gets to them. Then the second game is saving a persons life. They need to jump into a lake filled with different creatures and find the person they have been assigned to bring to the surface. However they have only one hour to complete this task. Harry is unable to bring them up in 1 hour, but since he saves 2 people instead of one like everyone else, he doesn't come last in that game. The last game is that he needs to go through a huge maze and find a golden cup which should bring him back to the castle. Something goes wrong and he is sent to a different place which is dark and scary along with his friend/another member in the tournament. What do you think will happen, is Harry facing Voldemort again, and is he going to survive this meeting. 
Quote from the book: he felt the excitement drain out of him as though someone had just pulled a plug in his stomach." Chapter 25, pg. 403

1 comment:

  1. I love this book so much. Out of all the Harry Potter series this one is probably one of my favorites. My favorite part in the book is the winter ball. Love this book!

    ReplyDelete