Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Little Prince part 2

"The Little Prince"
Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Genre: Adventure
128 pages

The summery of the book starts off by a pilot crashing his plane in the Sahara dessert, where he walks all alone worried of his troubles until he meets a little blond boy, who asks him if he could draw him a sheep. He immediately likes the boy and they become friends. As the little prince and airplane pilot (narrator of the story) talk the pilot finds out that the little prince came from a planet know as asteroid 325 but on earth know as asteroid b-612. Soon the pilot will find that he is more then intrigued about all of the wonderful stories and adventures the little prince had had while coming upon earth

The quote which i choose from the book and truly LOVE is the following:
“All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.” 
I love this quote because it explains how everyone was once a child but only a few remember how to have fun and love as much as they did when they were so small. It also shows how when your mad at a child for doing something bad parents may forget that they themselves have done something like that in their lives
Me and my mom chose to read the book "Little Prince" for very different reasons. My mom had grown up to love this book and therefore had a very nice feeling when reading it, she especially loved how the book "Little Prince" is for all ages and could be understood as the path of life, and all of its downs and ups. Such as; when the narrator is in the hot dessert with sweat poring down his body as a negative situation, or when his life changes when he meets the little prince as the positive. Me as well as my mom love how different problems or just object are symbolized with different characters such as the snake in the book. I wanted to read the book because I did read it two years ago and loved it but now when I tried to remember some of the symbolized literature I couldn't

2 comments:

  1. I read this book when I was little but it was in Slovak and I don't really remember it anymore :P But I really like the quote you put, I like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book was one of my favourite as a small kid! I loved the fox especially...even though I was a little young then to get what it was really about. My aunt played the fox in the play and it French class last year we almost performed a play...BUT PE got in the way...>:( Well, anyway, hope you enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete