Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Catcher in the Rye

Book:  The Cather in the Rye
Author: J.D.Salinger
Genre: Classic
 He is a drop out, he lives a teenagers life, he is clueless... he is Holden. The night is passing slowly, he will eventually have to go away, however the time he is staying in the high school, he is doing the best out of it. The author has now clearly introduced us to Ackley. Ackley is a senior, he hates everyones guts and lives in the room right next to Holden and Strandler. The night of Strandlers date he comes back into the room asking Holden for a coat, he agrees, however there is another favor. Strandler needs to write a report and it has to be very descriptive, therefor Holden writes it about the baseball mitt of his 2-years younger brother(Allie). He used to be the smartest kids of all, but he died of Leukemia on July 18.1946. Once Standler comes back from his date, Holden has a bad feeling something happened... but has it really?

As I discussed the book with my dad, he said he was pleased. He said that even beore reading the book he knew that the book was a book that was at first a shock to society however then a whole generation grew with it, now he understands why. He says the language is very unusual for what it used to be back then, the author uses the col language of a teenagers that we now-a-days use and not the gentle or more formal language they would use in the past. My dad is hoping, that even tought the language may be the thing that led the people into a new eneration, he is looking forward to see if the sense of the story and the stuff behind it could have changed the people as well. I am liking the book very much for now, it is about a teenager about my age, and I can relate back to most of the things that the author has written about.

5 comments:

  1. Your blog post was very simple but interesting, I enjoyed it a lot. Ackley seems like a really mean guy, but your book sounds really interesting and cool to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you are enjoying your classic and I think characteristics of the main character is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seems like a good book! Have fun reading it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you started your post :D. I dont like the character Ackley, he is very negative. I liked your post, lots of detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first sentance in the novel its really good and jus tlike miona said Ackley is a very negative an unpleasnt character whi I do not like. I almost read this book for a pervious book report, my dad really wants me to read this book when i have the chance. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete