Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Blog #2! "Journey to the Center of the Earth"


Title: Journey to the Center of the Earth
Author: Jules Verne
Genre: Classic
Pages read: 40 (Kindle pages)


Blog #2: Why did you and your partner choose this novel? In the first pages, are you both pleased with the selection? Explain both of your feelings.


Grammy and Me: The reason we chose “Journey To The Center of the Earth” is because we had to choose a classic, to begin with, chose one that we would both agree upon, and one we would both like and enjoy reading.

Grammy: The first chapter was quite boring; it didn’t hold your attention because the hole you were trying to solve all of the un-understandable words.


Summary of the first chapters:

In the beginning, me nor my grandmother were astonished with how the book began. It is quit confusing when the professor talks because he is after all a geologist. 

Main characters:

Axle: Axle is the professors nephew. He is the main character in the book. Axle, so far in the book, seems very demanding (just like his uncle the professor).


Professor: He is very demanding. He likes to get things done right, correctly, quickly. There is no messing around with him. If you do mess up, you dug a hole that you cant get out of. :(

5 comments:

  1. there also is a movie journey to the center of the earth. and Jules Verne is very good at writing sci-fi fictions. You should also read the book twenty thousand leagues under the sea.i love that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to read 20,000 leagues under the sea first, but my grandmother and i decided to read this book. ;)

      Delete
  2. That is awesome! I wish I would read with my grandma. I really liked that you described the characters, maybe just add something about what happened :) Your grandma tought it was boring, what about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both me ad her thought it was quit boring, but it got better :)

      Delete
  3. I saw the movie and it is awesome! Good thing it got better since the first chapter was boring. I love the movie and the book must be even better! Good job! Sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete