Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Blog post #2 and The Old Man and The Sea

My partner and I chose this novel because The Old Man In The Sea is a really great book about fishing that my mother has recommended to me forever so we took advantage of the project.
In the first pages we are both very happy. I love the book whcih makes me happy which makes her happy.
So far we are both very happy with the book and i dont think that our feelings will fade.

Title: The Old Man In The Sea
Author: Ernest Hemingway
Genre: Classical Novel


In the next chapter Santiago and the little boy have started out on their fishing trip but only the very start. Santiago woke the little boy up at 5 in the morning so that they could get the sardines for the big fishing trip. The description in this chapter was really great.Hemingway painted a picture in my mind of the whole scene. He described the orange sun peering over the far mountain lighting the pink sky. The masts of fishermens boat bobing up and down over the small little huts and lots of fisherman filling the streets. From the top of the hill where the little boy left they saw boats already on the calm ocean.

4 comments:

  1. looks like its a really interesting book! Have fun reading it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I went fishing too a few times,it is pretty fun. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like an interesting book. I really like Santiago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its nice that you read the book that your mother wanted you to. I never read a book about fishing, so i might read it next.

    ReplyDelete