Thursday, January 17, 2013

To Kill A Mocking Bird













Title: To Kill A Mocking Bird
Author: Harper Lee
Genre: Classic
Pages: 367

I have decided to read the book To Kill A Mocking Bird. Why I have selected this book is because first this book is a famous book and many people have said how amazing it is so  want to read it. Second my mum had seen the movie so she thought it would be good to read a classic book. So I have chosen my mum to be my partner because first she loves to read many books, second I know that she has the time to read with me. What my mum said about reading was that she likes how books give her a new way on seeing things. So she learns more about history etc. 

I am reading the book To Kill A Mocking Bird. The story is set in 1930’s during the great depression in The old town of May comb, Alabama. Scout a 8 year old girl is the protagonist of the story. Jem is her 12 year old brother and is not only a brother to Scout but at the same time a best friend. Atticus is their father and is a lawyer. Their mother had died many years though. Calpruna is their black maid who will often help and care for them a lot. In the first chapter they meet a new character called Dill who soon becomes their friend. Jem and Scout tell Dill the stories of the people down the block, about Boo Radley the Radley’s son. Apparently Boo Radley still lives in the house but has next came out. 

Dill dares Jem to go touch the house, at first Jem hesitates but Dill starts to call him a chicken so Jem races to the house and slaps the wall and runs back panting. All of them wait for something to happen, but Scout notices something, “The old house was the same, droopy and sick, but as we stared down the street we thought we saw an inside shutter move. Flick. A tiny, almost invisible movement, and the house was still."

I really am enjoying this book, I recommend this book to anyone who wants to read a classic book that at the same time is set in the time of the great depression and there is a relationship between blacks and whites. So read the book To Kill A Mocking Bird.

7 comments:

  1. I didn't know there was a movie, that is pretty cool :) I've heard many people talk about this book, I think we may read it in 9th grade, it sounds really good, hope I get to read it once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really good book! Hope you have a good time reading it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds really interesting! The topic, I mean differences between white and black people, and how they should have equal rights, is also really important. I didn't know there was a movie, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your way of creating a theme in your posts is a rare talent that you should practice. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cant wait to hear more about your book!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey hannah I actually read this book for one of the previous book reports this year. its a really fun intersting good novel and i know you'll love it becuase you love subjects like this! enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard of this book so many times...and I can't believe I still haven't read it!

    ReplyDelete