Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Partner reading Blog 1

Discuss and describe your interview. Whom did you select and why? What did your chosen person express about reading and literature? What was interesting to you about the interview?

First off all, I decided to pick my sister for my partner reading book report. I choose her because she is one of the best speaking English people in my whole family and was the only one who had time and could put a lot of effort into reading and understanding the book. This is because my mom and dad both have jobs which they have to go to everyday and don't have time for reading and doing a project with me. So when I interviewed my sister the whole interview went smoothly. There wasn't a point when she got stuck or couldn't answer the question. She always gave me a full and detailed answer to the question. My sister expressed that to her, reading can sometimes bring her and other people to different cultures, people as well as different social and political issues int he world.She also pointed out that it can change your perspective of a topic. She also said that reading made her more interested in learning about different topics such as feminism, wars, cultures which are a complete opposite of hers. etc. These are the things I was expecting to hear from my sister, however there were some things which surprised me, in not a necessarily bad way, but it was more shocking. First of all she said that she didn't have her favorite novel and that they constantly change. I think that shocked me because there is always that one book which you connected to and could relate to its story, so has influenced you to do something or make a better choice. But I guess her argument is valid, since she is very young and has many novels in her life which she will read. Lastly I was surprised that when she proposed the book to me, it was the exact book I was dieing to read, I guess she just knows me better than I thought.

Title: Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire
Author: J.K.Rowling
Genera: Fantasy
Pages:734
Pages read:335

After being a part of the Quidditch World Cup, where Voldemort's followers, the Death Eaters, cause a disturbance, Harry leaves to Hogwarts for his fourth year of wizard school. There, the Headmaster of the school Dumbledore announces that instead of the usual Quidditch matches between houses, Hogwarts will host the Triwizard Tournament. This competition between the great wizard schools in the whole of Europe has not been held for centuries because of the high death charge. The magic Goblet of Fire chooses one champion to represent each school, but somehow Harry is also chosen, even though he is underage and Hogwarts already has a champion. Sirius Black, Harry's godfather, suspects that this is another plot against Harry's life. Since Voldemort is returning with full power along with very harmful schemes which are developing, not many people are really who they appear to be, and even Dumbledore's protection may not be enough to keep Harry safe from these schemes.



 

2 comments:

  1. Cool book. Never read any of the harry potters but by your bost i might consider it

    ReplyDelete
  2. you haven't read any of the Harry Potter books? aw. You have to! I recommend them strongly, even though I am not fond of them as I was used to, I still enjoy it...

    ReplyDelete