Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Blog #1-Interview Talk+ The Old Man in The Sea

Title: The Old Man in The Sea
Author: Ernest Hemingway
Genre: CL

In the first chapter of the book, Hemingway introduces the character and their personalities. The main of character is Santiago, a elderly Cuban, poor fishing man. Santiago although very old is still full of life and he is a very deterimined man. For 84 days he hasnt caught a single fish and all of the people of his twon have lost faith in him except one, a young boy called Manolin. Manolin is like a helper to Santiago except he isnt paid. He is just a sweet young boy helping a elderly man. IN exchange Santiago taught him how to fish. Each morning Manolin bring Santiago coffee and help him out of bed. At one poitn when Santiago was at his worst time he nearly starved to death.

At the end of the chapter it ends with a foreshadowing line. "Eighty-five is a lucky number...How would you like to see me bring one in that dressed out over a thousand pounds?" 


As my partner for reading I chose my mother. I chose my mother because i know I can count on her to read but also because she has a great look out on books and out of the best books I've read she recommended them to me. My mother loves reading, especially classics such as Mice and Men. The reason why she loves books so much is because she learns from them. Books have everything, math, science literature and most important knowledge. What is most interesting about my interview with my mother is that she recommended a book, "old man in the sea," that she read many times. Now the interesting thing is that this book is so great that she would read for 5th time for me.

Amazing what parents do for you.

5 comments:

  1. I have never read Old Man in The Sea, but the title makes it sound like an interesting book. I have never read Mice and Men either but it sounds like a book I would like to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom is that same like that she loves books and always recommends me books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom also loves reading books and always recommends me some. I hope you enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old man in the sea, that sounds really interesting, I couldn't guess what it is about at all. It's nice of your mum to read that book again for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that book sounds mysterious, the sort that you would enjoy. I hope you enjoy it, I know I would.

    ReplyDelete