Sunday, January 27, 2013

Blog number 2

Title: Enders Game
Author:Orson Scott Card
Number of pages:325
Genre: Science Fiction

In the first 100 pages of Enders Game many things happen... First we learn about Ender Wiggins, a young six year old genius who keeps on getting bullied is chosen to be part of the very select general forming school in space. All of this happens in a future where human race prepares for their final war against Buggers (aliens). But Enders life gets more and more complicated as the most important generals as the director of the school do every thing to test his limit, make him tuffer and make him an outcast. Each time that Ender overcomes a problem as making friends, he is thrown into a new difficult situation as being put in a group with older kids and a horrible general.  Now he is thrown into his third new group, the "Salamander" group, Will he make friends? Will he finally have a nice general?
What I love the most about this book is how we can see the conversation of the Generals about Ender at the beginning of each chapter: "With Ender we have to strike a delicate balance. Isolate him enough that he remains creative-otherwise he'll adopt the systemhere and we'll loose him.At the same time,we need to make sure he keeps a strong ability to lead" page 27


Why did you and your partner choose this novel? My mum and I were looking through the novels that I owned as War and Peace and Tom Sawyer but relized that they were too difficult, so I went into Mrs.Hancock's classroom and looked at her books. I found Ender's Game and saw that it won the New York Time's Bestseller Award, I read the summary and it appealed to me, so I took it. My mum and I read a chapter of the book and really enjoyed it.

In the first pages, are you personally pleased with the selection? I personally adore this book, if I didn't have to wait for my mum I would have already finished it.For me this storry is a good combination of drama, psychology and action and I can't wait to read more. My mum's a bit less of a fan of the book then I am but she still really enjoys it. Even if she finds how they treat children in the future horrible, my mums percepective is that they all only care about children as tool, even the parents, and my mum hates that.



5 comments:

  1. I heard about this book before and everybody who I know read it said it was a great book. I want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds like an interesting science fiction book. I think Ender sounds very peculiar because he is so smart but young. I wonder how he learned all that he did, since he is six.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the book (from the description that you gave) and i hope you enjoy reading it. It's interesting that you were thinking of reading Tom Sawyer but then ended up with this one which is quote different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha Helene...now your blog is nice and long. I like books that are based on the future, especially that those thing s,might happen one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After your description, I am extremely intrigued to read this book, as I am a big science fiction fan. Great blog post, it was very in depth. Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete