Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pride and Prejudice #1

 Pride and Prejudice
Jane Austen
360 pages
Classic Novel


For my book report I have chose to read the classic novel Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.To decide which novel my mom and I wanted to read together I interviewed her. There were five questions that I asked her, the first one was what she loves most about reading she told me how reading helps her broaden the mind it fun, it makes her more knowledgeable, its relaxing, evokes emotions, and helps her expand her vocabulary. The second question that I asked her was how has reading changed her life, she told me that it made her smarter, look at situations with different perspectives, helped her become a more open minded person and more insightful. Then the third question was If she had to choose a novel that was her all-time favorite and she told me her favorite novel was Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera. This was her favorite novel because the theme and the philosophy were very interesting also a lot of his writing really helped her understand things and she really enjoyed it. And then when I asked her If she had to choose a novel that had the msot important influene on her, she first had a really hard time figuring out what it was, because she said no novel really chnaged her life but then later she told me if anything, it was the bible, becuase it teahces people morals, gives them strength, provides some answers to life, it can give a meaning to your life, gives you a direction, helps define yourself as a person, provides hope, and it gives you morals to live by. Then on the last question when I asked her which novel has she always wanted me to read, she immeditaly told me without any hesitation Pride and Prejudice. The reason she told me becuase ti is good english, not an easy read, also that she thinks its very ideal for a 14 year old teenage girl. At frist I wasn't too thrilled with a sappy romance novel but then I went online and searched up what it was about and I really liked what it was about.

I havent started to read the novel yet, but this novel is about how a mother has 5 daughters that she msut marry off. It takes place in the early 1800's in England. The main characters are Elizabeth Bennet and Mr.Darcy. Their love has to overcome pride and predjudice, hence the name of the novel. And then in this novel it shows the struggle of the mother, the struggle of beig forced into marriage, not loving someone, or loving someone and not being able to be with them and then in Miss Benets and Mr.Darcy's case they dont understand eachother and overlook one another. Im starting to read this book today, I cant wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment